Wednesday 28 January 2015

NHL releases mid-season rankings for the 2015 draft.

The NHL's Central Scouting Service has released its mid-season rankings for the 2015 draft.  Offhand, it's great to see more representation from the LHJMQ, after a fallow year in 2014.

We note that there is a defenceman named Jérémy Roy from the Sherbrooke Phénix at #23, and a 6'4" centre named Nicolas Roy from the Chicoutimi Saguenéens at #25.  The funny thing is, there are so many players in the LHJMQ with the last name Roy that I don’t even try to keep track.  There were another couple draftable prospects name Roy last year or two years ago, and I still can’t keep Patrick Roy’s kids names straight.  It’s worse than the Sutters-Suters.

I went to high school with a Konecny, I wonder if he’s any relation to Travis, a smallish forward from the Ottawa 67's ranked 26th. There can’t be that many with that last name in our neck of the woods, can there?

I also note there’s a Jake DeBrusk at #24, wonder if he’s Louie’s kid.  A quick spin on Wikipedia confirms that he is.

Guillaume Brisebois at 6’2″ 175 lbs, a little too on the nose, no? We’d know if Patrice had a son about to be drafted?

I doubt we’ll get a shot at Lawson Crouse, ranked at #4.

Not begrudging our great season, but I wish we could accumulate draft picks and take advantage of more of this talent this June.

No comments:

Post a Comment