Thursday 26 February 2015

Canadiens using hockey numbers again. Finally.

I’ll reiterate: I really like that the Canadiens are now making use of the lower uniform numbers, instead of doggedly handing out sweaters with numbers in the sixties and seventies.

Good on us that Devante Smith-Pelly will wear #21.  Not a great historical fit, I reflexively think ‘Doug Jarvis’, and sure, Guy Carbonneau.  Maybe #17 would have fit a little better, a winger like Murray Wilson makes more sense in my mind.  But 21 is much better than 41 or 91, I’ll take it.

Jarred is #24, Nate is thegreat28, Jacob de la Rose looks awesome in #25.  Love that Gally got #11 after the #73 purgatory, and Chucky sports a very rakish #27, I have visions of Frank Mahovlich.

17 and 26 will be available next season, along with 20 probably.  Greg Pateryn could lay claim to the #6, I don’t think Bryan Allen will be in a position to object.

Step right up, kids, step right up!…

Claim your hockey number now, before they’re gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment