Saturday 9 June 2012

My mock draft/birthday wish for Canadiens


As a complete amateur who has no expertise save for reading other people's opinions, I have to trust Trevor Timmins' staff, but if pressed to voice a rooting interest, I would be happy with:

1st round:  Alex Galchenyuk or Mikhail Grigorenko.  Mr. Galchenyuk seems to be more mature, but I sense Mikhail Grigorenko might have more skill and more upside, especially if he develops the work habits of his counterpart.  Either or, I'm happy.

2nd round,  #32:  I would be happy with any of Michael Matheson, Stefan Matteau or Martin Frk, probably in that order.  I know more of these guys since they have a local connection, and I value that connection.  Nothing wrong with the Matheson kid, good size, good head on his shoulders, good family background and great skating.  Stefan Matteau has good bloodlines, great size and strength for a teenager, is coming to play in the LHJMQ for the Armada, and is proud of his Québec roots.  Martin Frk dropped a little bit from where he was projected at the start of the season, but has great skills and size, and would add talent to a system that doesn't have a lot of it in terms of scoring forwards.

2nd round, #50:  Out of ideas here, maybe the best available goalie?  Maybe let the experts make that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment