Monday 20 April 2015

'15 Playoffs Round 1, Game 3: Canadiens 3, Senators 2 (OT)

Okay, I’ll say it: this 2-1 OT win by the Canadiens over the Senators was an unwatchable mess. I seethed the entire first ten minutes of the game, about the anti-hockey that was being played, the slashing and the gooning and the more slashing. It was more pinball, more foosball than hockey. Just reef on the puck and hope it bounces somewhere good.

So I fast-forwarded through pretty much the entire rest of the game. I couldn’t take another minute of Paul Romanyuk hyping this sludgefest as “competitive” and “intense”. If I saw another Senator crosscheck P.K. blatantly in the ear, I was going to call the police and ask that they launch an investigation. Obviously the on-ice officials are congenital idiots, and can’t handle this.

Thank you Gary Bettman.

And maybe all these Sens fans with upraised fingers at the end of the game can tell us Montréal fans about decency and comportment while at the arena, I’m eager to hear their do’s and don’ts.

No comments:

Post a Comment